Wednesday, May 27, 2009

and this is why I'm such a bitch

My ex’s mom passed away a few weeks ago, and I attended the funeral with a crowd of people bigger than the chapel could hold. I wasn’t that close to her, but he and I were once inseparable so I though t it at least appropriate if not necessary that I go and show some friendly support. This particular ex has been trying to get back into my pants forever, but we have a pretty comfortable rapport so I just let it slide off me most of the time. I mean, he’s a guy and guys can sometimes be dogs. I understand this. I accept this. He’s my ex, so I don’t give a shit what he does or who he chases – it’s not my problem.

He’s been pretty much calling me regularly since his mom passed and I’ve agreed to perhaps meet him for a drink or two one night whenever our schedules meet up or we don’t have other plans. I didn’t think much of it because I’m set in the way I think about him. It’s so very over. I always loved talking to him, but it’s more of a novelty now. I am not obligated to take his calls and I can feel free to excuse myself when I’m no longer entertained. I feel like I spent enough time listening to his BS when we were together to blow him off whenever I feel like it.

I had to hang up on him today. He crossed the line between just talking on the phone and asking questions that only a BF or lover has any business asking. Before realizing that it was time to hang up, I raised my voice and started arguing with him. Keep in mind that this is an office phone…why do exes want you to make such an ass of yourself?

I was trying to be nice to a MF, but I think we’re done here.

No comments: