Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I am only a human being

I still haven’t begun training for the Nike Marathon. I have eight weeks. I am so screwed. I’ve fallen further down into the depths of couch potato-ism than I’ve been in a very long time. I was probably around 19 or 20 years old. I’ve been in complete denial about the whole thing. For some reason I still thought I had 12 weeks left. No, Hester, you have two months not three. I’m not going to be able to run this whole thing. Finishing it is now the big challenge.  I sitll don't feel motivated to train.  I htink I need to give away my entry.  SOmeone told me to sell it, but I think that's probably breaking some rule.  I am not looking to get my money back anyway.  I just want the entry to be used because they are so hard to get.


I’m not sure what my issue is exactly. I haven’t wanted to train after falling ill just before the Mt. Shasta climb. I was beaten in every way possible: physically, mentally and emotionally. It was a very dark time for me. I just haven’t come back from it yet. I don’t understand why.

No comments: