Monday, July 11, 2011

The Addictive Personality

It's good to know myself. That is by far the most effective way to avoid public embarassment. I used to think that I was a fun drunk before I knew the difference between tipsy and drunk. I used to think that I was a great lover before I knew the difference between making love and making someone feel loved. I used to think that getting older meant being more mature until I met a child with more common sense than any adult I knew.

These days, I'm not so concerned with figuring out what is interesting to people and why. Making sense of things doesn't take up as much of my time as it used to. My days are mostly filled with chores, family and video games. I'm fine with it.

I have an addictive personality, so being home a lot helps to even me out. It's never a good idea to expose myself to too much stimulation. I say that I love Vegas, but really I just love the out of control feeling I get when I'm there. It's a veritable playground, and I get as much play as I can handle when I'm there. I come back home spent, spent and spent. It takes a while for things to get back to normal.

Fortunately, I've always loved to dance. I danced when I was really young, before the drinking and scandalous parties. I find myself returning to that wholesome joy of dance more and more lately. I'm sure the Dance Central game has played a huge part in this dance renaissance, allowing me to perform choreography in private, any time of the day, without intoxicants. I can get out of bed, pour myself a cup of coffee and dance my ass off for hours in my PJs before even thinking about showering and getting dressed.

Following my recent emotional defeat, it feels really good to be happy about doing something physical again. I have been procrastinating even just beginning to build my mileage base, exhibiting typical symptoms of depression. The weeks poss and I'm getting further and further behind on the schedule. If I don't get on the road, running and cycling, this week, I'll be hurting really badly in both of the events I have planned for autumn. Let's not do that.

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments: