Tuesday, July 19, 2011

bo-ring

Trouble flew up from San Diego to visit this past weekend. It was fun, but I think we might be winding down with age. We can still stay awake, but we have tender joints and we sleep until it’s dark again the following day. I feel weird losing days to sleep now. I must admit though that it did completely reset me to sleep all day after staying out late. I took an extra day off from work to do laundry, clean up after the weekend’s shenanigans and just simply to get my act back together. It was exactly what I needed. I woke up at dawn this morning with the intention of getting out of bed, but I rolled over twice (dreaming that I’d gotten up and started both times).


I rode my bike to the office and managed to make it through most of the day without yawning or losing my train of thought. Well, until a few minutes ago. I’m hoping that writing this blog will put me over the hump. Please let it be time to go when I’m done. I’m tired. I couldn’t fall asleep until after midnight last night because I got too much sleep yesterday. Oh well. I will surely make up for it tonight.

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to add a run into my day without sacrificing bike commuting. I’m still not sure how that will happen. Right now I’m not certain if I have enough will to bike back home after running. I KNOW IT’S GOOD FOR ME. I suppose I’ll just have to work up the nerve to try it this week and find out. First things first: I should be able to do something physical either before I leave for work or when I get home – even if it’s just stretching (which is what I really need to do before bed). The video game should be tempting enough, right? So far it hasn’t been, but today is a new day. I can do this.

No comments: