Monday, October 11, 2010

Call of the Wild

Contrary to what I already know about training and recovery, I went out to Era Art Bar for the Evolve party Friday night.  It is by far my favorite East Bay party.  It was a ball, as I expected it would be.  I have yet to go to that party and leave before the bar closes.  I intended to go with Legs and Twin Peaks, but they both bailed.  I got a flashback to my old night-prowling days.  At first I found it disturbing, but now I'm just amused.

I mentioned before that I've gone on a couple of dates recently.  Well, when it rains it pours.  Friday night, outside of Evolve, I finally got a moment alone with the man I've been crushing on for the past several months.  Get this, he's actually interested.  Then Killa B and B-Ry both show up - grreaaaaaat.  In my mind I thought, 'What the hell is going on here?'  But you know, never look a gift horse in the mouth.  Man, I love cliches.  Anyway, the evening came to an unusual climax when, while dancing on a practically empty floor to one of the last songs with this man that I've had my sights on for months, one of the regulars (who has never expressed anything other than friendship to me before) grabbed my wrist and spun me around to dance with him instead.  I wasn't sure how to react (mainly because I was a bit sauced), so instinct took over.  There was no way on Earth that I was going to let someone randomly step in and screw up the potential for my designs to come to fruition!  I leaned in and said, "Don't be jealous."  Then, I made my way back over to the object of my attention, not really caring who was watching or what anyone thought.  Even now, as far as I'm concerned, they can kiss my ass.  I never led anyone on.  There is just one man whom I've sought to become closer to.  The additional suitors are icing on the cake.  I blame pheromones.  Seriously, if I hadn't been on a couple of dates already, I'd still be in the friend zone.  Funny how that works.

I'm going to just be honest with everyone and try to be as nice as possible without being a sucker.  I don't see any need to make a choice because in these situations people tend to eliminate themselves naturally.

Oh and by the way, the drinking and staying out late Friday night made my run SUCK ASS on Sunday.  Twelve miles of misery, but I fucking did it.  I am ready for the Nike half next weekend.

No comments: