Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's not you, it's me

I put on my running clothes on at 6am. I had my usual energy gel and glass of water. It gave me a stomach ache. This is how my life has been for the past two days due to a stomach bug. Needless to say, I didn't go. I changed back into my PJ's, sent my coworkers an email telling them I wouldn't be in today and popped a Family Guy DVD into the player.

I stayed home from work yesterday too. Surprisingly, I slept most of the day and through the night. I think I ate about 1000 calories. It has been difficult to eat more than a few bites at a time. I've resorted to thawing out meat to cook so I can make those few bites count as much as possible.

The nausea I suffered on Sunday was so terrible that I barely ate anything. I felt weak that morning, so I skipped my long run. I didn't know I was ill yet at that point. I had a prior commitment to a volunteer group in West Oakland, so I left the apartment to take care of that. Three hours of chills and stomach cramps later, I was back home (albeit without electricity for a few hours). I tossed and turned all night with stomach cramps. It was awful.

A couple of people at the office have recently complained about similar symptoms. I understand that they don't want to use their paid time off for sick days, but neither do I. It's not fair to everyone else when you go to work sick. I say that a lot, but no one's listening.

As for the dating scene, it's the same as it ever was. I'm fed up with the probationary period when everyone is on their best behavior. I'm tired of people not being themselves. I'm even more tired of people being intimidated by my directness. Seriously, how old are we? I don't feel like it's necessary for me to pretend to be well-mannered. I'm not. I laugh at mean things and make crude jokes. Although I know which fork to use at a fancy restaurant, I much prefer a rowdy neighborhood diner.

I could just be depressed from endorphin deprivation (oh man do I miss them), but I'm so over the bullshit. I think this is why I always end up with assholes. They're going to say what's on their minds whether you want to know or not... my kind of people.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.3

No comments: