Wednesday, February 15, 2012

UGH!

Yesterday, as I was getting out of the car, my knee pinched so intensely that it buckled. Yes, I know what it means. I just don’t care! We’re going to have to find another method of dealing with the patella femoral issue. The recommended inactivity isn’t working for me. My ass and waistline grew three damned sizes over six months, and I refuse to let it continue.

I gave up breakfast burritos in favor of 9-grain cereal with fruit instead of sugar. I cut myself down to one meat meal a day and one fried item a week. I had a dessert today for the first time in almost two weeks (because I was out to lunch with a work group). I’ve begun drinking a 30g whey and soy protein shake as soon as I get out of bed, replacing flavored drinks with yerba mate tea and taking acai and fiber supplements. I have an hour of cardio 4 times a week and strength training 3 times a week. When I say that I am not going back to inactivity, I really mean it! I’m sick of being weak and bloated. I’m going to have a “this is what you are going to do with me from now on” talk with Dr. Hotness. I just can’t take this shit anymore. I looked at myself in the mirror last night when I was doing my physical therapy exercises, and I was disgusted. To have been in such great shape at this same time last year and now to be like this is just pathetic. Seriously, I am spittin’ mad about this now. It has gone on long enough.
To add insult to injury, I have to pay every time I see him. Fix it already, dammit!

No comments: