Sunday, May 29, 2016

It's all part of my master plan

Humor me for a moment.

If souls choose their parents and their next life, what did I see in this one that made it so appealing? As a being of pure energy without a physical body, perhaps I took the linear timeline of this existence and its outcome as a package deal. Why?

I often feel like there are some people I love so deeply that our friendship could transcend lifetimes, but could that be reason enough? Okay, even as I wrote that question I totally believed it. Maybe I chose this life to be close to the ones I love. Suffering would be irrelevant. 

After my father died, I wondered how many years I'd have to live without him. How long would it take me to find him again? Will he be back during this lifetime in another form, or will I need to go looking for him on my next go round? I was certain that the few years we had together couldn't be all there was between us. The older I get, the more I start to believe that maybe that was it. That's all. So... if I knew that I would only get a few years with a person I loved more than life itself, would I still choose this life? 

Yes. Yes, I believe I would.

No comments: