Wednesday, April 8, 2009

a freewrite from abstinence

Something I found while looking around on my hard drive:

I thought long and hard about making this vow before I committed to it.

I considered how much I’d miss you once I took away the one thing keeping us together….and then I did it anyway.

It’s all so clear without sex. I have so much energy to pursue the things that give me great satisfaction, a satisfaction that brings with it more energy and feelings of empowerment. I relearn who I am. I embrace my sensuality, knowing that it exists in its purest and simplest form, independent from the worries and complication of the life we shared. This is me – vibrant, happy and loving – transcending the physical desires and trivial matters of the worried mind and brittle heart.

Helpless and weak now strong and powerful
No more tears
Only laughter
The love I held so close to my bosom was an anchor drowning my spirit in the murky depths of codependence





No comments: