Sunday, January 9, 2011

celebrating the small victories

I slept through most of the night, so I'm considering it a success. I woke up at 7am without an alarm. I initially woke up at 5, but that was far too early and it was still dark outside. I haven't done much since then. Right now I'm lying in bed waiting for my throat to stop feeling sore. Once that happens I'll put on my gear and go for an easy jog. I have to remember that word, EASY. Earlier in the week I made a running date with someone a lot faster than me. Last night, after a long debate between the voices in my head, I canceled. It's difficult to come to terms with how fragile I am. I'm not happy with slowing down, but its far better than being bedridden. My motivation is stronger than my body right now. It's a unique problem for me.

My biggest obstacle is the weather. Its cold and dry. I don't mind the sting of the cold air in my throat and lungs, although I probably should. Those endorphins just override everything else. I miss them. I'm obsessing again.

I've been trying to spread out my attention to a bunch of different pursuits. I've taken up journaling again and I've started a new writing project. I've also begun a colon cleanse program today. Fun fun fun. I'm taking Nature's Secret Super Cleanse tablets. I switched to the green kefir last week for my morning kefir and chia seed shake, and it's pretty gross. I can't stand the taste of wheatgrass or spirulina. It's going to be a long 30 days. May this virus be flushed out of my system in the process.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

No comments: