Tuesday, June 9, 2009

where is my focus?

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to trick myself into being good. I have these grand ideas of things I want to achieve, but I am so easily distracted by…ooo shiny…what? Anyway, I just said yesterday that I wanted to be bare-midriff ready (and I mean truly ready, not like these people who go outside looking like they have lost their damn minds) by the first week of August, and here I am eating some damn Ben & Jerry’s. UGH! I am annoying myself!

I slept badly last night. I’m starting to realize that it may not actually be the boy that is the problem here. His bed is too firm for my taste and the bedclothes are scratchy. The temperature was weird last night too. I may be fighting off a cold because I'd be sweating and overheated one minute and freezing the next. I just couldn’t get comfortable all night – after being sleepless until 1AM. Those five and a half crappy hours of fitful sleep did nothing for this day in the office. I binged all day on crap. I bought this family size bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos and now they are screaming my name from the file drawer behind me.

This is crazy. I’m going running.

No comments: