Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Ugh

I am having one of those days today. The timing is very inconvenient.




Last night I didn’t sleep very well. I stayed awake until around 11:45 (a full two hours past when I usually fall asleep). I tossed all night, each time waking up from the tenderness in my hips, and then I woke up before my alarm went off at 5:30. So weird. I didn’t get out of bed until 6AM because I just felt too tired to get moving that early. My legs were still fatigued from yesterday’s brutal stair workout, and the morning run (with more stairs) just didn’t sound appealing to me. I powered through it. My knee was a bit achy in the beginning and into the third mile, but I suppose that is due mostly to my other muscled being too tired to absorb as much shock as they normally would. Once I’d done the 3+ miles, I decided that the stairs weren’t that big of a deal. When I consider how many times the Terminator makes us do them on Tuesdays and Thursdays, the three Cascade sets are just a drop in the bucket. It probably takes me less than 10 minutes and I get to have a good stretch afterwards, with my legs nice and warm.

While showering this morning I thought about how much I prefer bike riding mornings to running mornings. I realize that I’ve only begun implementing this approach, but I’m pretty sure that it will continue this way. I look forward to the day when I can ride my bike the full 22-mile round trip with hills on the return trip and (on opposite days) run the lake loop twice before work with three sets of Cascade stairs at the beginning, middle and end. I’ll get there. I may not be able to do it tomorrow but I will definitely get there.

No comments: