Monday, February 14, 2011

Whoa Nelly!

I went on my first long run of the season yesterday – 2 weeks late according to the training schedule. It wasn’t all that great either. During lap #2 around Lake Merritt, a college track team slowly lapped me and started doing some hill suicides in front of me. I spent the majority of that run dodging loud, chatty women and here was a huge chattering group with a coach running back and forth yelling at them.




The last few weeks of exhaustion have finally caught up to me at the office. Many of my project timelines are rushed or overdue. There’s also the looming $6000 minimum I have to make in fundraising for the Shasta climb by the time we leave in June. It has me super stressed. I jolted awake at 5AM this morning and 6AM yesterday morning, haunted by fundraising details that still need to be confirmed and so much uncertainty about where things are going to fall. The training helps to keep me grounded, providing a pretty good outlet for my nervous energy. Even with that, I still long for some solid dates and plans to be set. There are three of us on the team here. We must raise $18,000. I have no idea how to do that. I’m trying not to feel overwhelmed. I’m not sure how good of a job I am doing, considering how behind I am in my work. I need help, literally. I’d like to ask someone, but at this point I’m not sure who to ask.

What I do know for certain is that shit has to change RIGHT NOW. I can’t have my life upside-down and my affairs in such disarray. I’ve got to get a handle on all this.

No comments: