Wednesday, January 13, 2010

We're all screwed

During my training session yesterday, I told the Terminator (that is her nickname) about the boy being gone and the stress of the holidays that threw off my routine and kept me out of the gym. I wasn’t making excuses, only realizing the truth for myself and accepting it. She asked if I wanted to stay on with her for an hour, which I originally planned to double-team with another co-worker who ended up canceling. I told her that I had no desire of being so sore that I wouldn’t be able to walk or return to the gym for the rest of the week. “I need another person here to divert your attention if I’m going to stay for an hour. Everyone knows that is the plan, except for [Trouble}. She just keeps going and going without a peep.”

“You know she works out like three times a day.”

“Yeah, she runs every morning before work and then comes to the gym to work with a trainer and then does a crazy yoga thing at least two evenings a week…and she’s a vegetarian! A young girl can work out that much and be a vegetarian and still isn’t skinny as hell. There is something inherently wrong with the world. There’s no hope for the rest of us.” She laughed so hard that I thought she was going to cry. I also told her about that foot in the door comment. She almost said it for me before I could even get it out. See, I’m not the only one!

No comments: