Monday, January 11, 2010

Yeah, you read that right.

Yes, I know it has been forever since I posted a blog. That is always a sign of tumultuous emotional undercurrent in my otherwise ordinary surface life. So, what’s been up? Well, the cohabitation experiment came to an abrupt end last week in the wee hours of Friday morning. I’ll spare the uncomplimentary details. There’s really no reason to be a bitch about it. It just didn’t work out. I’m a bit too particular to have a roommate; I knew this from the beginning. I guess April was just my ballpark estimation of when the shit would finally hit the fan. I was four months off. It’s not the end of the world.


On Friday I left work an hour early (after getting in that morning an hour late). I was so exhausted from the middle-of-the-night shenanigans that I just completed my To Do list to the best of my abilities and got the hell out of there. I got up at my regular time that morning (6:30AM), but I spent two hours clearing out any evidence of the boy’s residence there and packing the items into his side of the closet. Most of them still wait there for him to come and retrieve them. He hasn’t found a new place to live yet. I would like to be nice for a while longer and let him stay until he does. However, I’m afraid that is not a good idea. Twin Peaks came over on Saturday with DDR Hottest Party 3 – only the most awesome DDR version yet!!!- and she said something about inviting KB to our group outings as just a friend. I agreed, but also said that it was too soon for me. I still want to sleep with him. Having him around while I’m having a good time and tipsy probably isn’t a good idea. He said from the beginning that he didn’t want to be a booty call or just a lover. Over the past few days I’ve thought of asking him if he’d reconsider. Twin Peaks says that will just make him think that he still has a foot in the door. I said, “Technically, he would still have a foot in the door, only it wouldn’t be his foot.”


So anyway, I’ve set up my laptop workstation at the second spot on the dining table. I’ve come back to journaling full force – preferring the laptop to my paper journals for obvious reasons. I’m probably not going to enroll in any classes this semester due to the severe deficit in my checking account – I haven’t been this far in the red since I was a teenager. It’s going to take me some weeks to recover from the financial strain of it all, but I’ll still be out once in a while thanks to guestlists and my humiliatingly low tolerance to alcohol these days. I’ll adjust.


I’ve put the feather bed atop the memory foam mattress – HEAVEN! So, I’m not looking for anyone to share it with necessarily. I’d like someone to spend a few hours with a couple of nights a week, but I’m not pressed at the moment. The most important thing right now is to get myself on a routine with the activities I want in my life: writing, learning something new (guitar lessons perhaps), fitness, cooking and DANCING.


I still plan on continuing to reduce my TV viewing. So far, so good. I’m rather bored with it anyway.

1 comment:

Martina said...

YESSSS blog time... yay!!! DDR is sooooo fun!!! If we knew "closer" was on there I would have bought the damn thing months ago! Eh... I really miss dancing too. Good times....