Monday, February 1, 2010

Did I say something wrong?

I’ve been wandering about the world today in a post-house music haze. Saturday night I went out to the Taboo reunion party at SOM (formerly known as PINK). David Harness, why do you toy with my emotions so?


After a mere two hours of shaking my ass like I’d just been released from the nuthouse, my clothes were soaked and my hair pasted to my forehead. I felt a little old leaving the club just before 1 AM, but I worked it the hell out. I tried having a drink and just couldn’t handle it. I know, shameful. Perhaps those days are gone for me. They’ll be back again as soon as I get to Vegas.

I stopped over at this seedy little bar by the downtown library to have a drink with KB before heading out the other night. I leaned over and pecked him on the cheek. “You’re confusing”, he said. He is referring to the night when he asked me if we were on or off. I said off. Mind you, I first gave him a disclaimer stating that it was too early for me to make a decision because I was still angry about the failure of the cohabitation experiment. I made it clear that my judgment was not reliable and I wanted to defer the decision until when I could better determine how I truly felt. He didn’t want to accept that. So, now I am confusing. Oh well, what can you do? So, I just kept the conversation moving as best I could. I figure he’ll either come around or not. Either way, I was honest. If that’s not enough… there’s always platonic friendship to fall back on.

I have these hot spots on my big toes. I have managed to avoid getting full-on blisters, but every time I go to Zumba dance class they become tender afresh. I even switched to wearing dance shoes instead of sneakers, which hasn’t helped. I do find that I have to use more stabilizing muscles with the dance shoes because they slide. I also have to work a little harder to get air – so fun! Today’s class was brutal, but I enjoyed it so much that I am considering going to the evening class. Should I or shouldn’t I? Goddamn toes! Poor toes… Maybe I can get away with some duct tape around them. Ah, duct tape on my feet brings back memories.

No comments: