Sunday, February 14, 2016

two weeks and counting

I finally followed the advice given from a few friends and put together a GoFundMe page: gofundme.com/helphester

I figure that I must be very close to something wonderful because the unraveling of this plan has picked up speed lately. If this is a test, I certainly hope that it's over soon.

By the time I make another blog entry, I'll be back in night classes (thank God). I've finally found a good income combination with Uber and Veyo. When one is slow, the other usually picks up enough to keep me from getting discouraged. I'm putting a lot of mileage on the car, but it wasn't intended to last forever. I only need it to stay in good shape for about five years total. I think I can manage to keep it well maintained at least that long.

By the time I make another blog entry my mother will be moved to a hospice. Her health has declined to such a state that it has become a part time job just caring for her, and my brother and his wife are overwhelmed by her constant arguing and manipulation tactics. I know it too well. I was raised by it. I practically destroyed myself and everything around me to escape from it. I understand why they can't handle it. Her health is not as big a challenge as her personality. I am powerless to help. If I could help, she'd only do the same thing to me, but I'm more emotionally demonstrative than they are. I'd cry. Then I'd run away to Vegas and try to drink and gamble it all away.

I've managed to change my insurance policy to meet the upcoming new requirements. I didn't think that the budget could get any tighter without crushing my hopes to death, but I'm hanging on. We'll see how the fundraising turns out. That will determine whether or not I remain in school. Without the money to pay tuition, I won't have much of a choice. I'll have to drop out and take on more work... again. Maybe it won't take another six years to to get back into school this time.

No comments: