Friday, July 8, 2016

Dear Lottery Fairy,

Mom's bored. She is trying to figure out a way to get back to the Philippines and carry on with the McCoy-Hatfield style family rivalry they've got going on there. She's got some money stashed in a bank there, but not enough to justify the inconvenience of travel abroad for someone in her condition. She keeps talking about the money as though it's more than what we've already confirmed is there. In fact, there is only enough in the account to cover the trip. 

The biggest problem with that is we have no way of getting there. I can't drive for any of the rideshare services until my registration is brought current, and we've had no money for that. The cost keeps increasing the longer it's past due, but I have no way of making money until it is paid. Mom's got a bunch of overdue shit that I have been working on bringing current, and therefore all of my bills are unpaid and most in collections. My credit is shit. Now she's talking about taking this trip for some reason she's not revealing, which I am certain has to do with the rivalry, and I am sooooooo fucking done with the whole conversation. We've already completed the cycle twice this morning. She brought my brother into the conversation a few minutes ago, and it didn't take him long to see that she's got a hidden agenda.

My brother volunteered to go in her place of she buys his ticket, which she initially agreed to do. Now she wants to go herself. She mentioned to me a few days ago that she was afraid he'd get shot if he goes to the farm. I told her that he wasn't going to the farm. She never mentioned anything about going to the farm until that day. She went on to say that the rival family was squatting on a parcel of land that she wanted to get back. I asked her if she considered selling it to them, and she protested. She said that she's waiting for the other family's patriarch to die so she could end the rivalry by removing them for good. I just stood there and looked at her for a minute. I wasn't sure if I was disappointed in myself for believing that she could stop being a greedy, mean-spirited gossip and clean up her act before she meets her maker or disappointed in her for completely disregarding the sacrifices I made to be here taking care of her and continuing with this crazy ass rivalry when it's so fucking obvious that we're drowning in bills and I am walking so close to my edge that I'm practically insane already.

I told her that the patriarch would likely outlive her, so she needed to think of another way to end the rivalry, preferably selling the other family the parcel of land they wanted so it could be done quickly and easily. Then it was her turn to be quiet, which is a rarity. She won't consider another option. She wants them off the land - the land that no one is using and hasn't been used by our family for decades. She doesn't have any plans to do anything with the land ; She just doesn't want them to have it. Seriously...

This is bullshit. I should've never come back here. If you are listening, Lottery Fairy, please get me the hell away from this crazy ass woman. I want to go back to school and get on witha a calm, relatively normal, pleasant life and let this crazy old bat go and chase her silly family rivalry to the grave. She needs a new caregiver who will travel because I will not be joining her.

No comments: