Monday, November 24, 2008

Home, James

The waiting continues. I've been at the airport for almost 2 hours standing in a series of lines and answering questions. I spent my last $10 on a ham sandwich and water at the Bangkok airport, so I'm waiting here for Secret Squirrel to pick me up. I didn't realize it would be such a challenge to find a ride on a Monday evening, but I guess that's because I'm used to just jumping in my own car and taking off whenever I please.

The past week has been a tight squeeze budget-wise. I can't wait to get home so I can have access to money again. No matter how much contempt I have for it, I know I must have it to survive. There's no way to avoid that.

Upon receiving my pack from baggage claim, I started to feel depressed. I looked ahead of me to the long line of travelers waiting to have their belongings inspected, and I thought, 'I really wish I was somewhere else'. I haven't been able to get in contact with my mom yet either.

I can't believe it's over already. I'm trying my best not to want to turn the clock back since it's futile to think that way. I'm certain that what I need right now, more than anything, is a good meal and a solid 10 hours of sleep. I feel drained in every possible way. I'll catch up with you all later.
Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments: